Saturday, April 12, 2008

Winning Awards!!!!!!!!

I'm very pleased to say that I have worked with an award winning reporter. Peggy Sinkovich and who you used to be my chief photographer Nick Rich won "The Edward Murrow award". They won this award for Peggy and Nick's coverage of the Heidi Gill case. The story was about Heidi Gill and how she was tazered over and over again by a warren police man. Peggy and Nick broke this story when I first started working at WYTV. I feel extremely happy to have learned valuable work information from the two of these people. I never got a chance to work with Nick but that is becasue photographers don't usualy work with each other. Although we never worked together Nick has taught me alot about shooting and editing and is allways giving me tips with on different scenarios. I worked with Peggy for the first time a month or two ago and let me tell you she is a pro and she definitly knows what she is doing. She has only been in television business a few years but has been around the news department for awhile. She started out in print and has converted to video. Peggy has helped me become a better photographer because she is so easy to work with and she knows what she wants to see. I feel honored to be able to not only work in the same building with these amazing journalists but to have learned something from the both of them. Thanks Nick and Peggy!

No comments: