Saturday, April 12, 2008

Passing on the tourch!

The last two semesters have been fun being the Sports director of TitanTown Sports. I have had a lot of ups and downs but all and all it has been a tremendous experience. When I first started I knew I was going to be very busy and it was going to be crazy every week. Each week got easier and easier. I don't mean I didn't do as much what I mean is I started to get into a rythm. I would set my rundown on friday and mapout when I would have time to shoot and edit feature pkgs or just that weeks highlights. At first it took me all week to get everything done. Once work at WYTV picked up I started doing the show on thursday and know I don't do anything until 4 or 5 hours before the show on thursday. I still set my rundown on friday and I do have sports photographers so I tell them what to shoot but I edit and produce the show on all on thursday. Its been fun being the sports director of TTS but it is time for myself and David Greig to pass on the tourch. The lucky person who gets to take over anchoring will be Melissa Maines. She has been doing a little training with David and I over the past couple weeks. She will anchor for the first time this next Thursday. We were plaining on having her pre record for the first time like I did for the mock convention but she has taken great inntitive and will be anchoring live instead. She feels she will have to do this next year when she takes over so she might as well get started now. I think this great and this makes me feel like we picked the right person to take over TTS. All great things come to an end and I hate to say it but it's time to move on a pass the tourch.

No comments: