Friday, April 4, 2008

Trial and error!

Since september I have experienced alot of trial and error. What I mean by this is when I took over Titan Town Sports nobody told me how to produce a show. After the first couple shows I started to catch on and I also was getting some advice from Bob Hannon and Bill Castrovichi. They have really helped me to mold TTS into an apealling segement. But it was through trial and error where I found out what worked an what didn't. For instance get graphics for the show was definitly something new for me. I had no idea that I had to double check spellings and tell our graphics artist I need large text with pictures. I quickly found out after my first show that I needed to spend more than five minutes into my graphics and make sure everything is how I want it to look.
At work its kind of the same since day one I really haven't been told this is how you shoot a fire or this how you shoot a street sign for locator video. I started shooting strickly sports for two months but everyonce in awhile i shot news. With sports you dont really need to be told how to shoot it because all you do is follow the ball. So when I started shooting news I would experience trial and error because I wasn't sure how to shoot a banquet or house. The way I learned was every time shot something I would try to do as many different shots as possible to see what worked. Another thing I did was I watched other photos raw video to see what they did. The biggest thing I learned was USE A TRIPOD. Nothing looks worse than video that is shakey. The first time I shot locator video I didn't take a tripod and I got burnt because I was trying to shoot a sign that was at weird angle. I tried and tried to get to not shake but it was shakey. From now on I try to take a tripod everywhere. I even shoot some sporting events with a tripod.

1 comment:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Tripods-- I seem to recall seeing a few of those with the cameras. I think I need to you point those out to the gang in BC 312.