Friday, April 18, 2008

What a show!

I dont say this normally but TTS was one of the best shows we have had yet this year. It was Melissa Maines first time and she nailed it. Not only was she flawless the show was flawless. We had 7 tapes and not one of them got screwed up. Every graphic played out perfect and I am extremely happy with the outcome. Melissa had one part where she stumbled through a few words but she did what she was suppose to do and just rolled with and kept going. I barrelly noticed she even stumbled because she recoverd so well. My only complaint on the show was I was suppose to have softball highlights and I never recieved them. The reason I complain is because my sports shooter for the week shot the game either monday or tuesday and didnt edit it until yesterday morning. Which I do alot of my editing the day of the show but he edited it in the morning and didn't try to put to tape until an hour before the show. They director cut the video because we already had 7 tapes and the sports shooter said the video wasn't that good. I didn't care that they cut the video but I just wish I would have known earlier than an hour before the show. Instead of what I call a hole in the show because Melissa was just standing there reading her script with no video. I could have put in a graphic so there wasn't a hole but because I was unaware that I wouldn't have the softball footage we had a hole. Other than that I really do think it was one of our best shows. My other sports shooter shot some amazing Tennis SOT's. I know that sounds weird that I'm praising tennis interviews but my shooter set up the interviews in the middle of the court during the practice. During the interviews she had the players in the backround practicing and she even moved each person she interviewed so it wasn't the same backround. I was impressed with her shooting and interviewing skills and I want to thank her for her good footage.

1 comment:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

It's been a long trek for TTS this year, but I think you learned more than you or anyone else every imagined.