Saturday, December 1, 2007

Tapes

Well this week was pretty hetick because the semester is coming to the end and most of my professors are trying to get all there last minute projects and tests in. Also trying to put a good show together was a challenge because we haven't had a show in that was live and more than 3 minutes in 4 weeks. I wasn't thrilled with the content we had but I was trying to fill in all the empty spots. We did 2 recaps of highlights that if it was a normal everyday sportscast I would never put it in the show but seeing how our show is only once a week and we haven't had a show in since these events happened I put aired them. One was a basketball tournament that the Titans hosted and its been happening for a long time. Another reason why we aired it was because we didnt have any footage of the men's team. The other story we aired was a local allstar soccer game that was Lawernce vs. Mercer county which Lawernce county is our main viewers.
Well were in the show and everything is going very smooth there hasn't been any blunders. But then we get to sports and of course something always goes wrong. We showed all the highlights and the allstar soccer match package and they looked and sounded great but then we got to my package on Dan Orrison who was our outstanding athlete and student award and what happens we air the wrong video. I wont mention names but somebody doesn't know how to read. I cued up the tape for this person, I wrote down the time code so even if they accidentally re-winded the tape they would know where the video was. The person ended up playing highlights from a football game from 4 weeks ago. Even though the package was on a football player they should have known that the video they had was not Dan Orrison. So I guess I should have known by now that I can only rely on myself to run the right tape. This week I will not be producing the show but I will sit in the control room and make sure they run the right package.

1 comment:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Will you be blogging about your employment status?