Thursday, January 24, 2008

Getting my foot in the DOOR!!!

No matter what you do in life you must take advatage of the oppurtunites that are brought before you. I have figured out that one of the most important things in life in my eyes are when an oppurtunity is displayed in front of you, you better take it or you will miss out. At the end of August I recieved a phone call from D.J. Yokley asking me if I would be interested in a part time job filming mainly sports for Youngstowns channel 33 WYTV. I was curently in an Internship at channel 21 WFMJ in the sports department and I wasn't sure if I should accept the postion or stay loyal to WFMJ and stick out there. I talked with several proffesors to see what should I do. Each one told me something different and after hours of thinking about it I decided to go for the WYTV job. If I would have stayed at WFMJ I would have ended my intership in December and might have gotten a part time job or just ended my intership making some good contacts. But I didn't I took the risk and went after the WYTV job. Instead of staying in my confornt zone I breached out and put myself in a new environment. I feel the broadcast business is very cut and dry and if you don't jump at the opputunites in front of you might miss out on something great. I know I would be kicking myself right now if I never took the WYTV job.

1 comment:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

When opportunity knocks, you answer.