Friday, October 26, 2007

One day to prepare

This week was a hectic week because our school was on fall break until Wednesday. It didn’t really matter for the news crew because they were able to re-rack their best non-dated packages. Unfortunately for sports you can not re-rack anything but we did the best we could with our time constraint. As always we had titan and hounds highlights which looked great and were easy to edit. We also had Garrett’s How to and a couple full screen graphics to preview what’s coming up next. I and David Greg had all of our material done by four o’clock yesterday. Then the show starts and everything is going well until we get to the titan highlights. I notice that I can’t hear the music bed I put under the highlights and I shrug it off thinking I might not be able to hear it from where I was watching from. Then we get to the hounds highlights and there the wrong ones there from two weeks ago, so David apologized for the technical difficulty and moved on to Garrett’s How to, which didn’t have sound either. The rest of the show was full screen graphics and they went better but after the show I figured out our rookie crew who has been doing this for two or three weeks forgot to turn on the audio for the highlights and accidentally rewound the hounds tape to a random football game. My show has had two major hiccups since we started and I feel responsible for them but I can’t control these mistakes. Next week I guess I’ll have to do my own audio and push play for my tapes because I will not accept another flaw in show that I can not control.

No comments: