Friday, November 2, 2007

Help me please!

This week was jammed packed full of local sports for the show. I was very impressed with the rundown and with all of the quality footage I had. I did a lot of running around each day of this week to put together what I felt should be our best show yet. Tuesday was a big day for me because I went to the basketball PAC media day and got some very useful sound bites for the show and shows down the road. Then when I got back the Women’s soccer team was hosting the first round of the PAC tournament, so I got some highlights from that. Wednesday I worked on a story coming up next week and shot highlights of the Men’s soccer team also hosting the first round of the PAC tournament. Then that night I put together my Hounds and Titan football highlights. I put a few readers in the show also with our SAAC athlete and I was ready to go. I felt my content and the work I put into the show was spectacular. All I had to do know was sit back and watch them hit play on my tapes while my anchor David Greg did his thing. Well this is why I put help me please for my title because the show was a total disaster and there was not one thing I could do to help or fix it. There was no audio for my first video of PAC media day, when they got to the hounds highlights David Greg introduced the interview at the end of the highlights and our switcher cut the interview and made David look like a fool. Once again I feel responsible for these technical difficulties because I am the sports director but I will not lower my head in shame because of errors I can not control. Next week I guess will go back to pre-recording the show because that’s the only way I can make sure things go the way they should.